[MyData & Open Data] Open Data *about* Privacy and Data Protection

Reuben Binns rdpbinns at gmail.com
Thu Oct 3 10:49:32 UTC 2013

Hi all,

Further to discussions at OKCon, I have just started a group on DataHub
called 'Privacy and Data Protection':

http://datahub.io/group/privacy-and-data-protection

It's for any open data resource related to privacy and data protection,
e.g.

   - Open Data about the privacy practices of public, private or third
   sector organisations
   - Machine-readable privacy policies
   - Data breaches
   - Results of regulator investigations
   - Open resources for privacy and data protection legislation
   - CCTV camera locations

I've added one dataset to get things started - crowdsourced data about
privacy policies from the 'Terms of Service - Didn't Read' project. I'm
going to be adding some other datasets over the next few weeks, such as the
UK register of data controllers, a dataset cataloguing major data breaches,
and some others.

I'm sure people on this list will know of other relevant datasets, so
please do suggest (or go ahead and add them yourself).

Thanks,

-Reuben