[MyData & Open Data] Open Data *about* Privacy and Data Protection

Rayna rayna.st at gmail.com
Sun Oct 6 11:30:58 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the great initiative Reuben. (I was thinking of submitting
ToS;DR too :) )

Here's another initiative from France: crowd-sourced mapping of CCTV
locations in various French cities http://www.sous-surveillance.net/
To visualize the map of a city, click on the name (right side).

Best,
Rayna

2013/10/3 Reuben Binns <rdpbinns at gmail.com>

> Hi all,
>
> Further to discussions at OKCon, I have just started a group on DataHub
> called 'Privacy and Data Protection':
>
> http://datahub.io/group/privacy-and-data-protection
>
> It's for any open data resource related to privacy and data protection,
> e.g.
>
>    - Open Data about the privacy practices of public, private or third
>    sector organisations
>    - Machine-readable privacy policies
>    - Data breaches
>    - Results of regulator investigations
>    - Open resources for privacy and data protection legislation
>    - CCTV camera locations
>
> I've added one dataset to get things started - crowdsourced data about
> privacy policies from the 'Terms of Service - Didn't Read' project. I'm
> going to be adding some other datasets over the next few weeks, such as the
> UK register of data controllers, a dataset cataloguing major data breaches,
> and some others.
>
> I'm sure people on this list will know of other relevant datasets, so
> please do suggest (or go ahead and add them yourself).
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Reuben

"Change l'ordre du monde plutôt que tes désirs."

http://de.linkedin.com/in/raynas