[MyData & Open Data] Website & Domain Name

stef s at ctrlc.hu
Wed Oct 9 15:01:16 UTC 2013

On Wed, Oct 09, 2013 at 02:17:05PM +0100, Katelyn Rogers wrote:
> I will be setting up this working groups website this Friday but before I
> do so, I would like to get the groups input on the domain name. This is a
> complex subject matter, which makes choosing a domain name slightly
> challenging.

extremely interesting question. do we want to create an association between
two disjunct memes? data impacts society, the data we disclose as much as the
data we withhold. open data is the one that me must be transparent, but
personal data without societal impact must be protected. so doing this under
the open knowledge foundation brand might give some people the wrong idea if
the communication about this is not clear, i think this is quite dangerous
strategically. so i would say make it privacy.okfn.org and put out huge
warning signs ;)

--
pgp: https://www.ctrlc.hu/~stef/stef.gpg
pgp fp: FD52 DABD 5224 7F9C 63C6  3C12 FC97 D29F CA05 57EF