[MyData & Open Data] Website & Domain Name

Laura James laura.james at okfn.org
Wed Oct 9 16:54:45 UTC 2013

Although it would be nice to avoid the issue altogether, this seems
challenging at the moment as many people are starting to conflate open data
conversations with those around personal data sets and licensing. As such
it's useful to openly discuss the issues, I think.

Our thoughts so far are set out in two blog posts this year:

http://blog.okfn.org/2013/02/22/open-data-my-data/

http://blog.okfn.org/2013/08/27/open-data-privacy/

And we will be collaborating with the OPen Rights Group in the coming
months to explore this area further - hopefully with all of you too :)

Laura

On 9 October 2013 16:18, stef <s at ctrlc.hu> wrote:

> stef wrote:
> > > i would say make it privacy.okfn.org and put out huge
> > > warning signs
>
> thinking of this a bit further, maybe the okfn should limit itself in this
> matter to explore work on defining the limits of open data, and let the
> privacy ngos handle the grey/dm zone in between that and private data.
>
> --
> pgp: https://www.ctrlc.hu/~stef/stef.gpg
> pgp fp: FD52 DABD 5224 7F9C 63C6  3C12 FC97 D29F CA05 57EF
> otr fp: https://www.ctrlc.hu/~stef/otr.txt

*

Dr Laura James

CEO  | skype: laura.james  |  @LaurieJ <https://twitter.com/LaurieJ>