[MyData & Open Data] Invitation to Get Involved: My Data: Open Data Control: Convergence - An OKFest Fringe Event July 12/13

Mark L mark.lizar at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 14:07:07 UTC 2014

Hello My Data/Open Data, Open Notice & Kanatara Communities,

You are all invited to get involved and come to a mixer we are holding for My Data on July 13.

The opportunity has arisen to do more than hack event on July 12/13 and to invite a bunch of panels from different communities (and countries) interested in personal data control to come and talk about their work in this field.

So, as a result the Fringe Hack event has evolved a little towards the idea of convergence,  due to the recent support and enthusiasm from  Dazza, (MIT Medial Labs) and Joel (Drive Productions in the UK) we are now able to put together a virtual venue and video stream and interact with multiple venues.   So we are now officially putting on a best efforts production. ]

The underlying theme is to support a convergence in communities interested in data controls.  We aim to get started around 12:00 pm on Saturday and  end  Saturday night very late in `Berlin.  With speakers and guest panels from 3pm  - 2:00 am Berlin time and we are thinking about how to make a cool event that will spanning 4 different zones and cities.  :-)

On the Sunday we will have what I like to call Mashups, if there is interest and synergy from some different people, we will invite them into a session on sunday.  We will also like to invite people to work with or comment on projects that have formed for the hackathon (if you are interested) we plan to have someone to take care of virtual engagement at each location.  With a final judging and drinks as a pre party for the world cup finals party.  (so please come and have fun)

(all ideas welcome) http://opennotice.legalhackathon.org - Comment form on the website (shortly)

We can now confirm a sponsor for drinks on the Saturday evening in Berlin for people to come and chat, our venue is also a cafe and bar, so this has come in very handy.   (So, it could just turn into a  party because our focus is to bring different groups of great people and projects together.)

All the details should be together on Monday.

If you are interested in talking about projects or hack ideas in this space,  get in touch.  We are aiming to nurture the chats with the virtual venue, and a hack workshop led by Reuben Binns on Sunday afternoon  and finish with project presentations and judging on Sunday.

IF this interests you now is a great time to show some support.

Kind Regards,

Mark

For those interested

Current Ideas/Update

We are working to get some encrypted website chatter going with the events in each locations and between events.  In this regard, does anyone (Stef) have  any ideas for how we can make a secure back channel for everyone to talk to everyone with?

Also,  Is there anyone who has work (or a passion) that crosses this topic and space and wants  to talk about?   If so, we have some spots available for people to join discussions and to talk about open data.

Also, is there anyone  who would like to talk about how good it is to open data and create knowledge?  :-) and how opening data controls is good/bad or misses the point?  please get in touch right away.

******

Speakers so far:
Headling  - Ann Cavoukian (TBC) Eve Maler, Doc Searls, Renee Lloyd, Jan Schallaboeck (TBC), Berin Szoka, Harry Haplin,

With a lot more invitations to the legal hacker community about to go out

Reuben Binns will be leading a little workshop on the Saturday afternoon before the panels start.

HOSTS
The virtual event is intended to be hosted from  Tel Aiv (evening) ,  to Berlin Dinner,  New York (for lunch) with a finish in San Francisco Breakfast on the same day.   The legal hackers, Doc VRM Form Harvard Berkman Centre,  Jon Askin from Brooklyn Law School, Mary Hodder from Open Notice in San Fran.  Lionel Walberger from Emette Global in Tel Aviv, are all collaborating and inviting friends/colleagues interested in notice and consent to come take a look.

Event Website (under rapid development)
http://opennotice.legalhackathon.org

Live Schedule (under rapid development)
http://datacontrolhack2014.sched.org

Sponsors

Mandril (Mailchimp) & FSecure (Good Guy Security Software)