[MyData & Open Data] [okfn-discuss] Right to be forgotten ruling

Lancelot PECQUET lancelot at pecquet.org
Fri Jul 11 11:00:41 UTC 2014

Hello everyone,

I understand that the European Commission is indeed thinking
<http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/index_en.htm>
(with their usual "suggestors") about
a European standard regulation that could possibly overrule members
state regulations.

Will it be the least common multiple or the greatest common denominator
of national regulations ?
Imho, I doubt all UE countries will agree (or have resources) to
reinforce controls and enforce higher
standards...

Pierre raises an opengov question regarding transparency and civil
society participation at the EU level
and, of course, I definitely agree with him.

Lancelot