[MyData & Open Data] The Forum d’Avignon launches a Preliminary Declaration on the digital human rights #DDHN

Erik Josefsson erik.hjalmar.josefsson at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 09:43:15 UTC 2014

I am much more sceptical than Antti :-)

I don't understand what problem the ddhn-initiative is trying to solve.

What exactly is missing form the current catalogue of rights that needs
to be fixed?

I am also sceptical regarding the timing of this initiative as the GDPR,
which is the real thing, is pending.

I also miss the "the right to connect" from (one of the many preceding)
initiatives like the Barcelona Declaration:

http://fcforum.net/charter_extended

And, from a quick read through, how do you reconcile point 5 and 8?

5. Any exploitation of the data -  data or creative works of any
individual requires his free, prior, informed, time-limited and
reversible consent.

8. Cooperation between civil society and businesses - is required to put
the human being back at the center of a trustworthy society, aided by
the reasonable use of disclosed and inferred personal data.

Now, what exactly is "inferred personal data"(p 8) ? Does "reversible
consent" (p 5) apply to  "inferred personal data"?

Is anyone of the authors/backers of ddhn here on this list that can answer?

Best regards.

//Erik

P.S. A British spell checker picks out "center". Is the origin of this
text the US? D.S.

>>> https://twitter.com/okfse
>>> https://quitter.se/okfse
>>> https://diasp.eu/u/okfnse