[MyData & Open Data] Hello and a possibly interesting Hack Event

Jason Kitcat jpk10 at demsoc.org
Fri Apr 24 18:35:00 UTC 2015

Hello

I’ve just joined the list and I know there are some old friends on the list [waves].

I’m doing some work as Digital Lead for The Democratic Society <http://demsoc.org> at the moment. A major project is called NHS Citizen which is designing in open a new way of creating citizen participation in health policy and decision-making.

A big part of this programme is using tech and social media to bring new voices in. We are seeking to build a Personal Data Store at the heart of this toolset, along with best practice for the ethics of how social media and other sources are used to inform debates.

To start building the tool stack for this programme we are inviting applications to join our NHS Citizen Hack event on 5th and 6th June in Leeds.

We are asking for the help of developers (individuals and teams) and those already doing NHS digital things (either in or for the NHS.) There are some funded places available. You can read more details about the hack, the challenges we will be working on and apply for a place here <http://wp.me/p4mdBx-sB>

I hope it might be interesting to some of you, do pass it on.

All the best,
Jason