[MyData & Open Data] [globalpriv-discussion] Catalonia to sell "anonymised" medical records

Whitley,EA E.A.Whitley at lse.ac.uk
Thu Apr 2 14:39:36 UTC 2015

One model to consider is the UK's ADRN (http://adrn.ac.uk/) - which is for administrative data sharing (rather than healthcare data) and essentially involves:

A trusted third party does the linking between various data sets and the removal of key identifiers.

This linked-and-with key-identifiers-removed data set is then available for use by accredited researchers on approved research projects in a secure environment.  Any data that is due to be removed from the secure environment must then pass through statistical disclosure control mechanisms before it is released.

Edgar