[MyData & Open Data] Data Subject = Data Controller - is it common?

stef s at ctrlc.hu
Tue Mar 17 18:44:40 UTC 2015

On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 06:28:55PM +0000, William Heath wrote:
> What we do is to add a contractual layer to existing legal/compliance
> regime such as it is. When push comes to shove we have an enforceable
> contract. But that's some way away; all present focus is on establishing
> contracts, activating connections and achieving viability.

human rights like respect of privacy are inalienable as per the charters how
it is implemented in the local jurisdiction is unfortunately not always in
sync with the original intent. what that means in theory, even though there is
a contract the rights of the individuals can be exercised despite the
contract. at least in the case when all participants to this contract act in
good faith and respect the basic rights of each other. of course theory and
practice unfortunately diverge.

--
otr fp: https://www.ctrlc.hu/~stef/otr.txt