[od-discuss] REMINDER/AGENDA Open Definition telecon

Mike Linksvayer ml at gondwanaland.com
Mon Dec 3 03:47:39 UTC 2012

http://opendefinition.okfnpad.org/conferencecall in 11 hours:

* When: Monday, December 3, 2012 15:00 UTC
* Strict limit to one hour
* Where: Skype
* Back channel: #okfn IRC channel on  irc.freenode.net

Below is a too-long agenda outline, but as the second bullet says, I'd
like to keep it high level, quick, strategic.

Up to the "strategy" part will just be me talking fast unless folks
disagree, which I encourage.

Mike

AGENDA

* OD [AC] process/feedback
  * Mike would prefer decisions on-line/public email for
documentation/transparency/legitimacy; calls for
strategy/input/discussion. Maybe this has been the case anyway...
  * Consider Herb added, Mike chair per list discussion
  * Mike to ask each AC member of continued participation and/or other
recommendation
  * Email list about outstanding license conformance decisions +
rationale; give 2 weeks for +1 or objection (reject: UK OGL, Ireland,
Kenya, ?)
  * Email list draft announcement of OKD 1.2 + rationale; give 2 weeks
for +1 or objection
  * Blog updated AC list, conformance decisions, OKD 1.2 before end of year
* Leftover Action Items
  * OKD 1.2 explanation/post
  * Spreadsheet for license [non-]compliance followups?
  * UK OGL updates?
* Strategy
  * Main barriers to OKD universal acceptance and world liberation
that we can actually do something about; reflect in goals below
* 2013 Goals, Volunteers
  * Document past decisions/rationales on website
  * Document/public process for 2013 decisions
  * Outreach/liaison with
    * OER?
    * OA?
    * OSI
    * Open Gov Data WG
  * licenses.opendefinition.org updates/integration
  * Other website info upgrade (eg open buttons guidance)
  * OSSD