[od-discuss] REMINDER/AGENDA Open Definition telecon

Mike Linksvayer ml at gondwanaland.com
Mon Dec 3 21:49:50 UTC 2012

Notes below for convenience, or in easier to read form rendered at
http://opendefinition.org/2012/12/03/notes-from-advisory-panel-meeting-december-2012/

Thanks,
Mike

Monday, December 3, 2012 15:00 UTC
Chair: Mike Linksvayer

# PARTICIPANTS
* Mike Linksvayer
* Daniel Dietrich
* Peter Suber
* Luis Villa
* Herb Lainchbury
* Rufus Pollock

# AGENDA
* OD [AC] process/feedback
* Leftover Action Items
  * OKD 1.2 explanation/post
  * Spreadsheet for license [non-]compliance followups?
  * UK OGL updates?
* Strategy
  * Main barriers to OKD universal acceptance and world liberation
that we can actually do something about; reflect in goals below
* 2013 Goals, Volunteers
  * Document past decisions/rationales on website
  * Document/public process for 2013 decisions
  * Outreach/liaison with
      * OER?
      * OA?
      * OSI
      * Open Gov Data WG
  * licenses.opendefinition.org updates/integration
  * Other website info upgrade (eg open buttons guidance)
  * OSSD
# NOTES
## Admin
* Consider Herb added, Mike chair per list discussion
## Process for License Conformance
Luis: will send some suggestions based on experience at OSI
Rufus: +1
Rufus: Idea of using git and github ...
* would prefer decisions on-line/public email for
documentation/transparency/legitimacy; calls for
strategy/input/discussion. Maybe this has been the case anyway...
* Current process is described at http://opendefinition.org/licenses/process/
* Luis will send some comments based on OSI experience
* Email list about outstanding license conformance decisions +
rationale; give 2 weeks for +1 or objection (non-comformant: UK OGL,
Ireland, Kenya, ?)
## Advisory Council participants
* Email to ask current members to see whether they wish to continue
(and are able to contribute going forward)
* Those who want to step down we ask for any suggestions for
replacements and add to emeritus list
## Advisory Council Process
* anyone welcome to attend
* decisions made by members of council
* license discussions are sometimes best held in the channel in which
they start (mailing list) until such time as there are accepted
changes - at which time it can move to something more technical /
thoughtful and useful for archiving, such as git and markdown