[od-discuss] Recruiting OD participants/publicity about 2013 work

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Fri Dec 14 17:06:29 UTC 2012

On 13 December 2012 06:15, Mike Linksvayer <ml at gondwanaland.com> wrote:

> On our last telecon Rufus highlighted wanting to communicate OD work
> more, such as license conformance decisions (to the public and license
> stewards). Don't have anything on that yet, but I thought it could be
> useful to broadcast a general update about/call for participation in
> OD work/goals for the next year. I think we'll need some help beyond
> the 50 or so people on od-discuss now, and while I can reach out
> directly to some people who should be helping ... we might be more
> open than that. :)
>
> I drafted some text in http://opendefinition.okfnpad.org/blog-draft

Great stuff. I'm diving in to add some material.

Fairly complete, except for links. But likely badly in need of an edit.

> I figure at least could be posted on opendefinition.org/update and
> sent to okfn-discuss and open-government, as well as some external
> lists. Some version could be put on OKFN blog or newsletter if
> desired.
>

> Thoughts?

I think we want a general "year in review" and perhaps a shorter, tighter
thing which is perhaps a bit more provocative (e.g. many "open data"
licenses we have seen turn out not to be compliant with the open
definition. Given the importance of interoperability and reuse this is an
important concern ...

Rufus