[od-discuss] Recruiting OD participants/publicity about 2013 work

Mike Linksvayer ml at gondwanaland.com
Fri Dec 14 23:59:39 UTC 2012

On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 9:06 AM, Rufus Pollock <rufus.pollock at okfn.org> wrote:
> On 13 December 2012 06:15, Mike Linksvayer <ml at gondwanaland.com> wrote:
>> I drafted some text in http://opendefinition.okfnpad.org/blog-draft
>
> Great stuff. I'm diving in to add some material.

Thanks. I made some further edits and added links. I kept a bullet
about OSSD (unless we're definitely going to deprecate it, I think it
ought be mentioned, or we'll not get the right interested people
involved, and anyway, I'm in favor of saying loudly what we're
considering before doing it ... but feel free to go in and delete :))
but left it out of the lead paragraph.

>> Fairly complete, except for links. But likely badly in need of an edit.
>>
>> I figure at least could be posted on opendefinition.org/update and
>> sent to okfn-discuss and open-government, as well as some external
>> lists. Some version could be put on OKFN blog or newsletter if
>> desired.
>
>> Thoughts?
>
> I think we want a general "year in review" and perhaps a shorter, tighter
> thing which is perhaps a bit more provocative (e.g. many "open data"
> licenses we have seen turn out not to be compliant with the open definition.
> Given the importance of interoperability and reuse this is an important
> concern ...

Alright, I started
http://opendefinition.okfnpad.org/2012-year-in-review ... almost
nothing there yet. Anyone wants to attempt to flesh it before I get to
it, please do!

I'm thinking post the call for OD participation on the OD site and
some close-by lists on Monday, then go for wider distribution with the
year review post toward the end of the week.