[od-discuss] Next Open Definition Advisory Council meeting

Mike Linksvayer ml at gondwanaland.com
Mon Nov 19 17:13:25 UTC 2012

Dear list, I propose another ODAC meeting late this month or early next.

Please indicate your availability at http://doodle.com/t9gcp5n3dvptb2xt

Agenda to include

* AC composition (+-existing, +Herb, +others)
* OKD 1.2
* Any submitted licenses needing realtime discussion (none that I know
of right now)
* What should we aim to accomplish in next 12 months[1] ... anything
more than occasionally and informally rejecting weird licenses on
themailing list will take a modicum of planning and volunteers :)

Will add agenda to an okfnpad when we have a datetime, and in the
meantime send something about existing action items.

Mike

[1] Thanks to Rufus for the ping, and here are some of his suggestions
to get you thinking:

* Build up a DB of license texts (that's valuable in itself)
  (Integrate: licenses.opendefinition.org with opendefinition.org ...)
* Put up a public non-conformance page (including reasoning)
* Announcing decisions more publicly - pushing for a response from
orgs with non-conformant licenses
* Liason with e.g. Open Gov Data WG ...