[od-discuss] Getting the Open Game License accepted under the Open Definition

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Mon Aug 12 13:28:55 UTC 2013

I think we do, and should, aim to cover "Open Content" as well as "Open
Data". Reading the notes seems to imply main issue was being outside "Open
Data" expertise. IMO that shouldn't be a reason for full exclusion.

rufus

PS: really sorry not to make the meeting (had a pre-existing conflicting
call). Thanks for the prompt notes and main thing for me is helping to take
through actions from *previous* call (esp those with Herb re getting up
license texts and merging existing licenses repo).

On 10 August 2013 00:41, Mike Linksvayer <ml at gondwanaland.com> wrote:

> As reflected in
>
> http://opendefinition.org/2013/08/08/notes-from-open-definition-call-august-2013/
> we briefly discussed the Open Game License, though not its substance.
> The feeling among those present was it may be out of scope for this
> group, and is outside of this group's expertise: unless someone wants
> strongly to convince otherwise and does so, we'll not officially
> evaluate the Open Game License's conformance or lack thereof.
>
> It'd be easy to convince me otherwise, but I'm probably an outlier
> here in terms of interest in licenses that have near zero public
> sector or research relevance; I don't want to push this through
> without other AC members' scrutiny.
>
> Mike

*

Rufus Pollock

Founder and Executive Director | skype: rufuspollock |
@rufuspollock<https://twitter.com/rufuspollock>

Empowering through Open Knowledge
http://okfn.org/ | @okfn <http://twitter.com/OKFN> | OKF on
Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/OKFNetwork>|