[od-discuss] Provincial and Game OGLs; Open Definition 2.0

Kent Mewhort kent at openissues.ca
Thu Dec 5 09:51:15 UTC 2013

On 13-12-05 10:09 AM, Wrate, David GCPE:EX wrote:
> Thanks for the feedback, Kent.
>
> I'm the first one to say that the license adoption by the various cities/provinces has not been even. To that end, some of cities, Vancouver for example have brought issues of drafting and logic that we are working to correct with all license holders including ourselves.
>
> Those same changes will be incorporated into the template, which will be accompanied by detailed instructions on how the template is to used.
This is great, I look forward to seeing the template and hope the
instructions can help align the licenses better.  Even if the
differences are too wide for us to asses their OD-compliance all in one
go, it'll still be of benefit to users to know that the licenses are
quite similar to one another (giving everyone a higher degree of
confidence that they're granted effectively the same rights).

Kent