[od-discuss] Are EC's legal notices for the new EC data portal OpenDefinition compliant?

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Thu Jan 10 15:54:53 UTC 2013

Hi all,

As some of you may have seen, the EC recently released a new data portal
for datasets generated and collected by European bodies [1].

In addition to CC-BY there are two other legal noticed in effect, the
general Europa Legal Notice [2] and the Eurostat Copyright Policy [3].

I'd love to hear whether people think these are compliant with
OpenDefinition. I assume the first definitely is (it seems to be a simple
attribution style license). But some people have raised questions about the
Eurostat Copyright notice.

Any thoughts?

Jonathan

[1] http://open-data.europa.eu/open-data/data/