[od-discuss] Storage of license texts in the repo - a first pass

Herb Lainchbury herb at dynamic-solutions.com
Mon Jul 8 15:44:31 UTC 2013

I am starting to populate the licenses directories.  As far as {short file
name} goes, right now I am using this convention:

{short file name} == {license identifier segment (e.g. "OGL")} + {variant
identifier segment (e.g. "UK" or "CA")} + {version number segment (e.g.
"2.0")}

Where segment is entirely an acronym it is all caps.  Where segment is a
proper name it is capitalized.  Everything else is lower case.
Version numbers are only added where applicable.
Variants are only added where applicable.
segments are separated by "-"
whitespace is replaced with "_"

So, we have
OGL-UK-2.0.md
OGL-CA-2.0.md
Calgary.md
against_drm-2.0.md
CC-BY-3.0.md

I don't know if this is the best way to do this but it makes sense to me.
 Happy to consider alternatives.

--
Herb