[od-discuss] Clipol.org Licensing Information db

Herb Lainchbury herb at dynamic-solutions.com
Sun Jun 9 03:03:32 UTC 2013

This is really great Kent.  Congratulations on getting this up.

I think it's a great idea in general to show how different license fare.

It also really highlights some concerns that are still niggling at me.  The
idea of whether or not data even needs a license, and rights clearing.

Happy to discuss these in another thread, but just wanted to say "nice
work".

Is the intention to keep this up to date via github?

Herb

On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 6:13 AM, Kent Mewhort <kent at openissues.ca> wrote:

>  Last year, I solicited and received some helpful feedback from everyone
> on this list regarding a project to create an "open licensing schema" that
> includes core information on license rights, obligations and restrictions.
> It's come a long way and I'd invite everyone to check it out at clipol.org,
> with feedback being most welcome and appreciated!  Note that, due to the
> increased complexities, I did have to diverge from the OD schema (which I'd
> originally planned to merely extend).
>
> From these license schemas, which you can view and use an API to retrieve,
> you'll see I've also implemented some tools to automatically generate
> user-friendly licence information, determine compatibility, compare
> licences and more.
>
> Kent

Herb Lainchbury
Dynamic Solutions Inc.