[od-discuss] OD AC telecon Friday, June 14 15:00 UTC

Mike Linksvayer ml at gondwanaland.com
Fri Jun 14 03:07:03 UTC 2013

On Sat, May 18, 2013 at 9:08 AM, Mike Linksvayer <ml at gondwanaland.com> wrote:
> Thanks those who filled in the poll. The clear winner was Friday, June 14
> 15:00 UTC or
>
> 08:00 California
> 16:00 UK
> 17:00 Germany
> etc

That's in 12 hours. I'll send an invitation to a Google Hangout about
15 minutes prior.

Note you do NOT have to be an Advisory Council member to participate
in the call.

The agenda/notes are at http://bit.ly/od-meeting-doc and as they exist
now, copied below.

Mike

Agenda

(Looks like a lot but hopefully the first three items can be brief;
please skim the linked background mails; it is possible we won't get
past the first 5; consider this a request to think about/act on the
others too.)

1. Release of O[K]D 1.2; see
http://lists.okfn.org/pipermail/od-discuss/2013-June/000428.html
2. OKD or OD for the main definition name; see
http://lists.okfn.org/pipermail/od-discuss/2013-June/000427.html
3. Disposition of OSSD (software service); see
http://lists.okfn.org/pipermail/od-discuss/2013-June/000429.html
4. Outstanding review/notice of existing licenses
    a. 3 very similar licenses:
        i. UK OGLv2.0 with formal conformance request (live update on
this if representative is on call)
http://lists.okfn.org/pipermail/od-discuss/2013-June/000424.html
        ii. OGL Canada 2.0 with formal request
http://lists.okfn.org/pipermail/od-discuss/2013-June/000425.html our
feedback on an earlier draft at
http://opendefinition.org/2013/01/31/ogl-canada-proposal-feedback/
        iii. OGL Alberta 2.0 informally forwarded to list for comments
http://lists.okfn.org/pipermail/od-discuss/2013-June/000415.html
    b. Datenlizenz Deutschland; we sent feedback, Daniel can update on
response if on call; see
http://lists.okfn.org/pipermail/od-discuss/2013-March/000382.html
    c. City of Calgary Open Data License requested approval;
discussion uncovered various problems; offer of more formal feedback
not replied to http://lists.okfn.org/pipermail/od-discuss/2013-March/000374.html
should we issue formal non-conformance notice?
5. Enhancing the submission and review process for licenses (including
publication of results)
    a. Add proliferation policy?
http://lists.okfn.org/pipermail/od-discuss/2013-March/000373.html
    b. Other suggestions? Re publication, blog each accept/reject? Where?
6. Does anyone want to work on licenses.opendefinition.org? See
http://lists.okfn.org/pipermail/od-discuss/2013-June/000414.html for
some random thoughts.
7. Future AC membership; zero members in global south unacceptable.
Suggestions for invitation?
8. Start thinking about who wants to/should chair in 2014
9. Reminder to look over published bios
10. Other outreach/collaboration