[od-discuss] OD AC telecon Friday, June 14 15:00 UTC
ml at gondwanaland.com
Fri Jun 14 03:07:03 UTC 2013
On Sat, May 18, 2013 at 9:08 AM, Mike Linksvayer <ml at gondwanaland.com> wrote:
> Thanks those who filled in the poll. The clear winner was Friday, June 14
> 15:00 UTC or
> 08:00 California
> 16:00 UK
> 17:00 Germany
That's in 12 hours. I'll send an invitation to a Google Hangout about
15 minutes prior.
Note you do NOT have to be an Advisory Council member to participate
in the call.
The agenda/notes are at http://bit.ly/od-meeting-doc and as they exist
now, copied below.
(Looks like a lot but hopefully the first three items can be brief;
please skim the linked background mails; it is possible we won't get
past the first 5; consider this a request to think about/act on the
1. Release of O[K]D 1.2; see
2. OKD or OD for the main definition name; see
3. Disposition of OSSD (software service); see
4. Outstanding review/notice of existing licenses
a. 3 very similar licenses:
i. UK OGLv2.0 with formal conformance request (live update on
this if representative is on call)
ii. OGL Canada 2.0 with formal request
feedback on an earlier draft at
iii. OGL Alberta 2.0 informally forwarded to list for comments
b. Datenlizenz Deutschland; we sent feedback, Daniel can update on
response if on call; see
c. City of Calgary Open Data License requested approval;
discussion uncovered various problems; offer of more formal feedback
not replied to http://lists.okfn.org/pipermail/od-discuss/2013-March/000374.html
should we issue formal non-conformance notice?
5. Enhancing the submission and review process for licenses (including
publication of results)
a. Add proliferation policy?
b. Other suggestions? Re publication, blog each accept/reject? Where?
6. Does anyone want to work on licenses.opendefinition.org? See
some random thoughts.
7. Future AC membership; zero members in global south unacceptable.
Suggestions for invitation?
8. Start thinking about who wants to/should chair in 2014
9. Reminder to look over published bios
10. Other outreach/collaboration
More information about the od-discuss