[od-discuss] Draft Response to Calgary

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Tue Jun 25 09:28:09 UTC 2013

On 25 June 2013 08:08, Kent Mewhort <kent at openissues.ca> wrote:
> Hi Herb,
>
> Excellent & thorough response.  The only other thing I would mention is the
> licensor's right to unilaterally terminate the licence, which is definitely
> not open: "Furthermore, The City may, in its sole discretion, cancel or
> suspend your access to the Data without notice and for any reason".

To be clear is that *revocation* of the existing license or right to
terminate access to the data (from hereon).

Revocation would would obviously make the data non-open (and the
license non-conformant and not an open data license).

However, for me, the *latter* interpretation does not make the data
non-open (the data i've already got remains open though I may not be
able to get more).

Rufus