[od-discuss] NEWBIE QUESTION: Why 'Open Definition' and not 'Open Knowledge Definition'?

Antti Poikola antti.poikola at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 17:08:11 UTC 2013

Hello Open Definition people,

I am new to this list and most probably my question is very basic /
stupid, but here it comes:

Why is the definition called 'Open Definition' and not 'Open Knowledge
Definition'?

In few other languages it seems, that translators have seen it
reasonable to include the word 'Knowledge' in the title: "Definisjon av
åpen kunnskap, Definition av Öppen kunskap v.1.0, ??????????? ????????
??????????, Definizione di Conoscenza Aperta, Definición de Conocimiento
Abierto, Definição de Conhecimento Aberto ja Definition: Offenes Wissen"

Best regards,
Antti Poikola

--
+358 44 337 5439