[od-discuss] Italian Open Data licenses

Mike Linksvayer ml at gondwanaland.com
Fri Nov 8 20:30:44 UTC 2013

On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 11:23 AM, Alessio Dragoni
<alessio.dragoni at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've just submitted the two versions 1.0 an 2.0 of the Italian Open Data
> license
> These licenses are a simplified version fully compliant to the CC BY-SA
> and of course are in Italian language.
> There are little provision that make it valid only in Italy so understand
> the effort to avoid proliferation
> but this is a standard already in italy since 2010 and is now widely
> adopted.

Referring to

https://github.com/okfn/opendefinition/blob/master/licenses/inreview/IODL-1.0.md

and

https://github.com/okfn/opendefinition/blob/master/licenses/inreview/IODL-2.0.md

Despite sharing a name, they are rather different (copyleft and
permissive) licenses.

Alessio (or anyone wishing to move these forward), could you provide
the info listed at http://opendefinition.org/licenses/process/ for
each license?

I suspect we'll want to defer an actual conformance vote till we have
Open Definition 2.0 in place.

Thanks,