[od-discuss] Open Definition telecon 15:00 UTC Thursday 2013-10-10

Leigh Dodds leigh at ldodds.com
Thu Oct 10 12:59:49 UTC 2013

Hi,

On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 6:54 AM, Mike Linksvayer <ml at gondwanaland.com> wrote:
> ## Open Data Institute
> * Placeholder for issues Leigh Dodds will raise on list

This was to highlight the work that I've been undertaking at the ODI
to exploring

* improving machine-readable metadata about licenses associated with
Open Data, via the ODRS vocabulary [1] and the related guides [2,3]
* exploring the "license compatibility" to help re-users understand
some of the issues and problems with combining data licensed in
various ways

The work on machine-readable metadata is relevant to the recent
discussion about ensuring that works are clearly labelled with
licenses.

We've already discussed this some on the list, and I'm happy to put a
bit of context to this on the call if useful. But also happy to take
feedback separately if we want to spend time elsewhere.

Cheers,

L.

[1]. http://schema.theodi.org/odrs/
[2]. https://github.com/theodi/open-data-licensing/blob/master/guides/reusers-guide.md