[od-discuss] Fwd: [cc-licenses] 4.0: fourth (and final) license draft ready for comment

Federico Morando federico.morando at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 12:55:34 UTC 2013

On 09/13/2013 08:10 AM, Herb Lainchbury wrote:
> The way I am currently looking at it is that attribution is an allowed
> condition, and this clause is a specification by the publisher of how
> they want that attribution to happen, if possible... So, basically I
> think that's okay.  I guess my only concern is that this is a bit of a
> slippery slope like the exemptions we are currently dealing with,
> where people may try to drive a bus through it by attaching all sorts
> of conditions to the attribution.  In this specific case though, since
> it also says "where reasonably practicable" I think it's fine.
I fully agree with Herb's conclusion, even if the final wording in draft
4 seems to be "in any reasonable manner" (instead of "where reasonably
practicable"... actually "if reasonably practicable" just concerns the
mention of the URI or the removal of unwanted attribution).

(Disclosure: I have a conflict of interest, being the public lead of
Creative Commons Italia.)

Best,

Federico

--