[od-discuss] Fwd: [Open-education] Refining the Definition of “Open” in Open Content

Mike Linksvayer ml at gondwanaland.com
Wed Aug 6 23:20:37 UTC 2014

I don't think revise vs remix is of concern for OD. Both involve
creating derivative works, both must be permitted; it is plenty to say
that derivative works must be permitted.

The distinction is interesting and related to the importance or lack
thereof of compatibility, but we're not directly addressing that issue
in the OD.

Mike