[od-discuss] Fwd: [opendefinition] Name of the definition in translation (#78)

Herb Lainchbury herb at dynamic-solutions.com
Wed Dec 10 15:38:36 UTC 2014

forwarding from github

I think translations should use what ever wording makes the most sense in
their language.  We moved from "Open Knowledge Definition" to "Open
Definition" in English because that's what made the most sense in English,
and that's what we call it generally.  However, I too notice that some
translators have opted to keep the word Knowledge in their translation.  I
don't see an issue with this except that we may need to make it clear to
translators that it's okay to choose whichever title works best in the
target language.