[od-discuss] GG License 1.0

Valentino Giudice valentino.giudice at vallauri.edu
Tue Dec 30 13:54:48 UTC 2014

Good morning,
My name is Valentino Giudice and I am an Italian student of Computer
Science.
I would like the GG1 License to be approved.

The text of the GG License is availale here:
- http://tldrlegal.com/license/gg-license-1.0-%28gg1%29
- http://aspie96.altervista.org/gg/en/1.0/

The GG License is inspired to the Creative Commons Attribution License 3.0
and it is very similar to it.
It basically states the same conditions, but, unlike the Creative Commons
license, it is suitable for software (quote from the Creative Commons
website: "We recommend against using Creative Commons licenses for
software").
I really like the CC-BY license and I decided to make it suitable for
computer programs too.

This license can be used by any licensor, without any restriction.
Also, the text of the GG License 1.0 itself is released into the public
domain.

Unlike the CC-BY 4 license, the GG License 1.0 also requires to include the
title of the original work when available.

The advantage of this license is the possibility to bring the principles of
the Creative Commons Attribution licenses in the world of software with a
short and easy to read license, available in two different languages
(English and Italian).
A summary is also available.

The GG License 1.0 is not copyleft and it should be compatible with any
other approved license.

Unluckily, there is no public discussion about this license (as far as I
know).

I do not think I have been able to present this license very well, but I
also trust that You will judge it basing on Your strict and
objective criteria and not on this e-mail.

I am looking forward to reading from You.