[od-discuss] ISO Codes

Andrew Rens andrewrens at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 22:36:49 UTC 2014

Rob is correct. The copyright claim is over the documents not the standards.

In addition certain portions of standards or potentially entire standards
are not more than statements of fact for example currency codes and country
codes. Facts are not subject to copyright.

There is a vast difference between a standard such as a compilation of
currency codes and a standard like Office "Open" XML which is not factual.

Andrew Rens