[od-discuss] Nominating Herb to (continue) as Chairperson next year

Mike Linksvayer ml at gondwanaland.com
Sun Nov 30 04:21:20 UTC 2014

On 11/25/2014 12:17 AM, Rufus Pollock wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Herb Lainchbury has done an excellent job as chairperson of the Open
> Definition Advisory Council this year and as we move towards 2015 I
> would like to take this opportunity to re-nominate his to chair for next
> year. (Note: Herb checked in with me about this so this won't come as a
> bolt from the blue for him ;-) !)

+1 if needed, or even if not. One more year!

> At the same time, it would be great to know if there are others
> interested in either this role or other potential roles both now and
> going forward.
>
> For example, it would be great to have someone who was our website /
> technical manager (at the moment I think Mike LInksvayer has been de
> facto leading on this - @Mike it would be great to have that continue).

I'll probably continue doing stuff occasionally. Others should feel free
to de facto lead in this manner.

> Similarly, it would be great to have someone dedicated to coordinating
> and managing the process (of discovery) of new licenses and their review
> (obviously this is something the whole Council and the Chairperson do
> but having someone oversee and support this process would be really
> valuable).

I'd be happiest if "new licenses" above meant licenses (and versions of
licenses) not yet released, or at least where license steward is engaged
with an eye to improve future versions. These seem to be the cases where
this group is motivated and can provide substantial value.