[od-discuss] OD Summay

Herb Lainchbury herb at dynamic-solutions.com
Fri Feb 13 15:57:06 UTC 2015

In checking the text for the Ireland paper on licenses I realized we now
have three similar but distinct summary statements.

Two on the landing page:

“Open means anyone can freely access, use, modify, and share for any
purpose (subject, at most, to requirements that preserve provenance and
openness).”

“Open data and content can be freely used, modified, and shared by anyone
for any purpose”

and one on the definition page:

"Knowledge is open if anyone is free to access, use, modify, and share it —
subject, at most, to measures that preserve provenance and openness."

Is there some good reason for this that I'm missing?

My thinking is that we should have one unless there is some reason to have
more than one.

--

Herb