[od-discuss] introducing "Fair Data"

Andrew Rens andrewrens at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 18:20:21 UTC 2015

Frank Pasquale has just published a new book: The Black Box Society
(http://www.hup.harvard.edu/catalog.php?isbn=9780674368279)

Here is the spiel:

"Every day, corporations are connecting the dots about our personal
behavior—silently scrutinizing clues left behind by our work habits and
Internet use. The data compiled and portraits created are incredibly
detailed, to the point of being invasive. But who connects the dots about
what firms are doing with this information? *The Black Box Society* argues
that we all need to be able to do so—and to set limits on how big data
affects our lives."

I haven't read the book but I have Frank - seems relevant.

Andrew Rens