[od-discuss] [okfn-discuss] Open Definition 2.1 final draft

Herb Lainchbury herb.lainchbury at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 17:15:53 UTC 2015

As Stephen Gates explains here
<https://github.com/okfn/opendefinition/issues/68> , 2.1 the "bulk"
requirement is now a *must*.  We use the words "as a whole" rather than
"bulk" so, 2.1 starts of as:

"The work must be provided as a whole and..."

We could instead say something like:

"The work must be provided in bulk and..."

but "bulk" seems to me like data specific jargon so seems a bit out of
place to me used with "The work".

I think the question to ask is - does "as a whole" sufficiently convey what
we mean here?  If so, then I think 2.1 stands as is.  If not, then let's
tweak it so it does explicitly convey what we want.

Herb