[od-discuss] compatibility should (was Re: Status of Vancouver and Surrey OGL varients)

Aaron Wolf wolftune at riseup.net
Fri May 15 19:33:06 UTC 2015

My inclination is to word it sort of like:

"The license should aim for compatibility with…"

and perhaps

"The license should avoid [extraneous] conditions that would create
incompatibilities with other Open licenses"

Basically, the point is something like "Any clause that creates
incompatibilities should require justification and careful consideration."

Essentially, "consider compatibility with other Open licenses as a high
priority, and do not carelessly introduce incompatible terms."

I hope some of this perspective and writing can be used / adapted into
this concern which I basically agree with.

Cheers,
Aaron

Aaron Wolf
co-founder, Snowdrift.coop