[odc-discuss] Update re. the ODbL

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Tue Apr 28 15:09:41 UTC 2009

Dear All,

We wanted to update everyone about what's happening re. the ODbL.

We've been working hard to make the planned updates and clean up any
loose ends. We are now nearly done and our planned release schedule
is:

1. Wed 29th Apr (tomorrow): public release of a 1.0 RC ("release candidate")

The text will be placed on co-ment again so that anyone can add comments.

In putting out the 1.0 release candidate we should emphasize that we
are not looking for suggestions for major new alterations but for
people to check on changes we have made and spot any glaring errors.

2. Wed 6th May (following wed): comments period on 1.0 RC close

3. Wed 13th May (following wed): 1.0 Released

I hope this sounds good to everyone and we hope you will help us
disseminate the RC to as many interested communities as possible when
we put it out tomorrow.

Regards,

Rufus