[odc-discuss] Applying the PDDL (was: Re: Open Data Commons - get involved)

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Tue Feb 17 18:59:15 UTC 2009

2009/2/17 Jonathan Rochkind <rochkind at jhu.edu>:
> I'll try to find time to help out with this, but, heh, you know my FAQ
> question: How do I legally use ODC PDDL to apply to metadata records I
> create and store in a db, where they may be mixed in the db with other
> non-PDDL records. :)

And the two options I think we've been discussing are:

1. Copy the PDDL and include it with any distribution of your database.

2. Include a statement such as:

"This material is made available under the terms of the Public Domain
Dedication and License v1.0:

<http://www.opendatacommons.org/licenses/pddl/1.0/>"

Anyone have any other suggestions?

I know Jordan thinks that to be absolutely watertight you need to go
for option 1 but I'd imagine that 2 is also pretty good.

Rufus