[odc-discuss] Applying the PDDL (was: Re: Open Data Commons - get involved)

Jonathan Rochkind rochkind at jhu.edu
Tue Feb 17 19:07:34 UTC 2009

Ah, but my use case is one where the entire database is not ODC PDDL
licensed, and/or the entire database is not being distributed as an
entire corpus. Instead individual records from a database are being
distributed, where that database may or may not be entirely under a PDDL.

So "Copy the PDDL and include it with any distribution of your database"
does not apply.

But we have been talking about this, and a general picture is beginning
to emerge, we just need to figure out how to answer the FAQ in a useful
and clear and lawyer-approved way.

I think some of Jordan's concerns had less to do with how you
_advertise_ your data as PDDL, and more to do with making sure you go
through the proper steps to properly legally release your data as PDDL.
I understand the basic parameters here too, but still not well enough to
write an FAQ response myself.

Jonathan