[odc-discuss] Fwd: Links and text up for ODbL beta

Jordan S Hatcher jordan at opencontentlawyer.com
Thu Feb 26 11:26:49 UTC 2009

Rufus and I have been chatting about moving the FIL from my site to
ODbL, which needs to happen (time issues today for me to get this done).

<http://www.opencontentlawyer.com/open-data/open-data-commons-factual-info-licence/

(it's also up on the wiki)

Begin forwarded message:

> Would you like me to do this? Also can I suggest we rename it to
> something a bit more descriptive -- it's not entirely clear to someone
> new what the difference is between an 'Open Database License' and a
> 'Factual Info License' :)
>
> What about:
>
>  * ODC Open Database License (Attribution Share-Alike) -- current ODbL
>  * ODC Open Database License (Attribution) -- current Factual Info
>
> Or if we don't want to change the ODbL name could just rename
> factual info to:
>
>  * ODC Attribution

The FIL doesn't do any attribution, so not sure why we would call it
that?

> Rufus
>
> PS: the sooner we get discussions like this one on odc-discuss the
> better I think ...

Done!

Thanks

~Jordan