[odc-discuss] Fwd: ODbL in German

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Mon Jul 6 13:25:36 UTC 2009

Hi,

Jordan S Hatcher wrote:
> John Hendrik Weitzmann of CC-Germany has volunteered to do a translation
> [1] of the ODbL into German. Once the first draft is in, I hope to do
> some sort of comment period via this list and with directly with German
> speaking contacts as part of a QA process. I know that this news will be
> especially welcomed by OSM's German community.

I guess the existing rough translations are probably good enough for the
German community as, in the OSM context, they will never be legally
binding anyway. But for projects originating in Germany which may want
to use the German version as their legal basis, of course an expert
translation would make sense.

Bye
Frederik