[odc-discuss] Updates this week

Jordan S Hatcher jordan at opencontentlawyer.com
Sat Mar 28 08:52:01 UTC 2009

Hi everyone,

Thank you again for all the detailed comments and questions.  Between
last week and this, Rufus and I've both dedicated a lot of time to
this project.  I've been hard at work placing those comments into the
latest iteration of the draft ODbL, and am getting close.

What this process has highlighted though is a need to produce some
FAQs and specific responses to some of the comments out there
alongside the new draft.  It would likely be counter-productive to
just put the new draft out there without these materials.  As you can
appreciate, these take time and we have limited resources (though just
a quick note/plug that you can help contribute to the project to
change that equation).

I've drafted a response, for example to the ITO world lawyer as well
as started on a series of FAQ points. The work is taking place, it's
just not that visible at the moment, and I'm keen to start making some
of it more visible. We won't wait for all of these FAQs and
explanatory notes to be published, but we will wait for some of them.
As such, we are likely to push back for about a week or so before the
next draft.

Thanks again for your understanding.

~Jordan