[odc-discuss] Basic Produced Work question

Jordan S Hatcher jordan at opencontentlawyer.com
Tue Mar 3 12:11:45 UTC 2009

Thanks for the comments Richard.

The change from "Use" to "Convey" was relatively recent -- within the
past few weeks -- and is something that went back to the pro bono
lawyer for OSM. It's an effort to simplify some of the licensing
issues around being able to use a database to produce a work when
using other sources (other than ODbL licensed) for the work.

It (like the rest of the ODbL) isn't set in stone and so totally open
for discussion.

Thanks

~Jordan