[odc-discuss] ODbL license contract between Licensor and You

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Thu Mar 12 11:41:50 UTC 2009

Dear Mike,

I'll step in here though IANAL and usual caveats apply! This is an
excellent question and one that is central to discussion of a SA data
license like the ODbL. Before you posted  I'd already started a FAQ
style item on the wiki prompted by some of the comments on co-ment:

<http://wiki.okfn.org/wg/odol/odc/odbl>

Please take a look at let me know if this is useful and if it raises
further questions. I should say in advance that the FAQ does not
currently your specific question as to whether simply use constitutes
agreement to a contract (my gut instinct is no, unless the user could
reasonably have been expected to have been aware that this was so).

Regards,

Rufus