[odc-discuss] CC SA 4 draft 1 And The ODbL

Rob Myers rob at robmyers.org
Sun Apr 8 11:20:52 UTC 2012

On 04/08/2012 11:49 AM, Benjamin Ooghe-Tabanou wrote:
> I'm not sure whether this clashes, but I believe we should definitely
> make sure CC-BY-SA 4 and ODbL will be fully compatible

The ODbL and BY-SA 4.0d1 both require derivatives containing
(substantial) extracts to be placed under the same licence. They clash, IMO.

And we need to be careful to define what we mean by "compatibility", in
terms of what actually happens when I have BY-SA 40d work A and ODbL
work B and wish to make a map using substantial amounts of data from both.

- Rob.