[odc-discuss] CC SA 4 draft 1 And The ODbL

Mike Dupont jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com
Sun Apr 8 11:36:35 UTC 2012

Well compatible, I am currently working on cc-by-sa 3.0 and would upgrade
to 4, and the question are :

1. will other people be able to import data from me into the new
osm odbl database or will I have to dual license it? This is assuming that
it is totally original work.

2. will i be able to derive from osm odbl in  cc-by-sa 4.0 works?

On Sun, Apr 8, 2012 at 1:20 PM, Rob Myers <rob at robmyers.org> wrote:

> On 04/08/2012 11:49 AM, Benjamin Ooghe-Tabanou wrote:
>
>> I'm not sure whether this clashes, but I believe we should definitely
>> make sure CC-BY-SA 4 and ODbL will be fully compatible
>>

> The ODbL and BY-SA 4.0d1 both require derivatives containing (substantial)
> extracts to be placed under the same licence. They clash, IMO.
>
> And we need to be careful to define what we mean by "compatibility", in
> terms of what actually happens when I have BY-SA 40d work A and ODbL work B
> and wish to make a map using substantial amounts of data from both.
>

> - Rob.

James Michael DuPont