[ogd-fr] Data.gouv.fr

Mark Brough mark.brough at publishwhatyoufund.org
Wed Jul 6 17:31:01 UTC 2011

Hello,

I heard about http://data.gouv.fr and I’m very interested in it – it’s an
exciting initiative and it’s great that there’s such high-level commitment
to this project.

I know it’s quite early, but I was wondering if anyone might know:

·         If it will use CKAN or something similar?

·         When it might be launched?

·         How much spending data is likely to be on there? As an
organisation, we’re obviously particularly interested in development
spending data.

·         Is there much of a dialogue or consultation around it – if there’s
work being done on getting data sets into a reasonable shape before putting
them on there, perhaps the development data could be put out in the IATI-XML
format (http://www.aidtransparency.net/ and also http://iatiregistry.org)?
This would really help ensure that it can facilitate the widest possible
re-use by making this aid information comparable between different donors,
and as there are already several apps under development using IATI data, I
guess it would also mean French development data could be visualised pretty
much as soon as it’s released.

Would be great to hear more about this.

Thanks a lot,

Mark