[ogd-fr] Data.gouv.fr

Benjamin Ooghe-Tabanou b.ooghe at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 13:38:08 UTC 2011

Hello Mark,

·         If it will use CKAN or something similar?

Nope. The company Logica will develop data.gouv.fr's own portal. As far as
we know, eZPublish has been chosen as CMS and the proprietary software
Exalead as database and search engine.

 ·         When it might be launched?

It's supposed to be by the end of the year, probably end of december

>  ·         How much spending data is likely to be on there? As an
> organisation, we’re obviously particularly interested in development
> spending data.

Good question, we ask the same but didn't get any real answer on the matter
yet even if we know that at least 4 databases/projects at Bercy (Budget &
Finances ministers) are working on these maters : one provides financial
report of the public finance bill discused in the parlement, two are ERP
project and a least one is the equivalent of the COINS database. To be
continued, but I believe we probably won't know much before the release, and
it's possible there won't be much made available at first...

> ·         Is there much of a dialogue or consultation around it – if
> there’s work being done on getting data sets into a reasonable shape
> before putting them on there, perhaps the development data could be put
> out in the IATI-XML format (http://www.aidtransparency.net/ and also
> http://iatiregistry.org)? This would really help ensure that it can
> facilitate the widest possible re-use by making this aid information
> comparable between different donors, and as there are already several apps
> under development using IATI data, I guess it would also mean French
> development data could be visualised pretty much as soon as it’s released.

This isn't really clear either yet, but promises have been made to use open
interoperable  formats. As for using IATI, I guess that would be a further
step that  you may have to overcome yourself from whatever format will be
used at  first.

Benjamin Ooghe-Tabanou for Regards Citoyens

 Would be great to hear more about this.