[ogdcamp] PSI Alliance presence at OGD Camp

Ton Zijlstra ton.zijlstra at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 15:10:43 UTC 2011

hi all,

I have been in touch with Rolf Nordqvist, the chairman of the PSI Alliance.
The PSI Alliance is a associations representing information industry
companies from across the EU, focussing on creating a level playing field
for companies when it comes to the re-use of government information.

At their annual conference last June where I presented I suggested to the
audience that the PSI Alliance would be well advised to engage a lot more
with the open data movement. I think each has a lot to offer and a lot to
learn from the other.

Rolf asked me how to go about engaging with the open data enthusiasts, and
amongst other things I suggested he participates at the OGD Camp. And
possibly do a session.
So I have an additional program suggestion for a session: a conversation
between the existing information industry and  'open data people', to
explore what we can learn from each other and to understand each others
positions better.

Would that be of interest?

Alternatively it would be good for the PSI Alliance to simply sit down with
a few representatives from OKF, CC Europe and AccessInfo etc.

 best,

Ton
Interdependent Thoughts
Ton Zijlstra