[ogdcamp] Please register for Open Government Data Camp 2011

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Wed Aug 31 16:24:58 UTC 2011

Hi all,

We'd be really grateful if everyone who is intending to come to Open
Government Data Camp 2011 could register themselves and on behalf of
any other colleagues who are planning to attend:

http://ogdcamp.org/register/

<start plea>

Firstly, we are encouraging everyone who is attending to register, so
we have an accurate idea about numbers (for catering, health and
safety, etc), but also so that participants can see who else is
coming.

Secondly, we are hoping to help cover some of the core costs of the
event (e.g. venue and equipment hire - which we expect will total
around €10,000) through ticket sales. Now and in the future we'd
really like to be able to cover our core costs with ticket sales, so
we don't have to *rely* on external funding or sponsorship to make the
camp happen.

</end plea>

Many thanks! :-)

Jonathan