[ogdcamp] intro and idea for OGD Camp

Esteve Almirall esteve.almirall at esade.edu
Tue Jul 12 00:22:53 UTC 2011

Hi all,

First of all my apologies for not being in the telco - days insist in having 24 hours ...

And a short introduction :-)

My name is Esteve Almirall, I am Associate Professor at Esade Business School working in the Institute for Innovation and Knowledge - http://www.esade.edu/research-webs/eng/iik

In the IIK we are proud to have with us professors like Henry Chesbrough or Max Boissot. The main focus of the Institute is Innovation and particularly Open Innovation. This happens also to be my main area, although I come from Computer Science (Artificial Intelligence).

Anybody who is interested in knowing more about me, please look at linkedin http://www.linkedin.com/in/ealmirall

Regarding Smart Cities, I am the coordinator of Open Cities http://opencities.net/, an EU project and involved in many others and possibly a new one.

Our focus in these projects is Open Innovation in the Public Sector and the concept of gov as a platform manager.

Together with Laura Castellucci from Esade, we'll do our best to make Wasaw a big success.

All the best,

Esteve Almirall
esteve.almirall at esade.edu